The error code 8000FFF can appear due to several issues including while you try to install pending Windows updates not often and you may use WU or WSUS to do it. Generally, in such cases, the error code KB3212646 appears. On most occasions, the error happens due to a software bug which the Windows 7 operating system has when Microsoft patched it. In order to solve the error code 8000FFF, you could access the built troubleshooter tool for Windows Update issues. Here are the solutions to fix the error.
Solutions to fix error code 8000FFF on Windows 7
Method 1: Executing the Windows Update Troubleshooter
The Windows Troubleshooter is an inbuilt system tool provided by Microsoft which is capable of solving the error code 8000FFF and even other critical issues. Follow the instructions motioned below to fix the ongoing problem:
- Head to the Run program by hitting the Start + R keys together on your system keyboard.
- Then put in ‘control’ and then hit Enter key on our keyboard.
- This will browse the Classic Control Panel window.
- When you reach in Control Panel, head to the search bar situated on the upper-right corner and then put in ‘troubleshoot’.
- Press on the Troubleshooting option, and this will show you a couple of troubleshooters.
- When you are at the Troubleshoot computer Problem window, head to the System and Security option.
- Now navigate to System and Security Troubleshooting.
- Next, you will be landed on the Troubleshooting window where you will see multiple troubleshooters.
- You have to choose the Windows Update troubleshooter.
- Head to the Advanced option.
- Make sure the option of saying Apply repairs automatically is enabled.
- Now wait until the process finishes and then press on Apply this fix option.
- After that, you will be offered to restart your system. If you don’t see any prompt for rebooting the system, then make sure to reboot the PC manually.
- Try running the Windows Update once more to see if the error is solved or not.
Solution 3: Manually Installing KB3212646
The Windows update issue can occur when your computer lacks essential updates for internet access so that means you can try installing the KB3212646 Updates manually to your PC. See the instructions mentioned below to fix the Windows Update error code 8000FFF:
- Launch an internet browser and then navigate to www.catalog.update.microsoft.com.
- You will be landed on the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- When you are there, search for the KB3212646 update via the search bar situated on the upper-right corner.
- From the result, choose the driver that your device miss.
- Also, download the package on the basis of 32/64 bit.
- Once the KB3212646 driver is found, press on the Download option located with the driver.
- When the download completes, locate the downloaded file.
- Now make a right-click on the downloaded file, and that file has the extension of inf.
- Press on the Install option.
- Now obey the instructions on your screen to finish the installation.
- Then restart the device to see the effect.
Solution 4: Executing SFC & DISM scans
Here are the steps to fix the Windows Update error 8000FFF code:
- Hit Start + R keys.
- You will be redirected to the Run program.
- Put in ‘cmd’ and then hit Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys altogether on your computer keyboard to trigger Command Prompt as the administrator.
- Press the Yes option when prompted.
- Now put in Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and then press Enter.
- Then type the Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth command and hit Enter.
- When both commands accomplish, close the Command Prompt window.
- Reboot the computer once everything done.
- Open the Command Prompt again with Admin permissions and then put in sfc /scannow.
- Hit the Enter key.
- Reboot the system.