The PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES error message can appear when there are issues on your computer hard disk and as well as drivers. Sometimes when some system files are misconfigured or get corrupted the error could appear as well. To fix the error message saying PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES, you can try a few solutions and it should be resolved after that.
1} Try BSOD Troubleshooter
This built-in tool is indeed strong and fast enough to clean the PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES error message on your computer with ease. See the below steps to fix this error and to use the BSOD troubleshooting tool:
- Head to Settings.
- Navigate to the Update and Security.
- Now a new menu will appear on your left and you need to choose the Troubleshoot option there.
- On the right panel, choose BSOD and then tap on Run the troubleshooter.
- Next, obey the onscreen instructions to complete the operation.
- Once that completes restart your computer and then see if the error still showing up.
2} Check Your Hard Drive with a System Tool
The error appears when there is something wrong with your hard drive. So you send solution should be to check the errors on your hard drive with a good checker. Thanks to Microsoft, they have provided built-in hard drive inspector tools that are capable of even troubleshooting the issue automatically. There is a tool named chkdsk which runs via Command Prompt and it is also effective for the PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES error. let’s try it out:
- Turn off your system.
- Now start the system while holding down the Shift button on your keyboard.
- Do not release the button until the computer reboots.
- Then choose the Troubleshoot option.
- After that press on Advanced Options.
- Once the Command Prompt appears, type the bootrec.exe / rebuildbcd command followed by the Enter key.
- When first command accomplishes, enter bootrec.exe / fixmbr and hit Enter to initiate the command.
- Then type in bootrec.exe / fixboot and hit Enter.
- Finally, type chkdsk /r c: following by the enter key.
3} Update Outdated Drivers
Many outdated and old drivers may cause the PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES error message. Let’s fix all outdated and corrupted drivers via Device Manager by following the steps given below:hit Start button on your keyboard.Enter Device Manager and then choose Device Manager from the result.Once the Device Manager appears, just click on any device and then right click on its installed drivers.Then pick the Update Driver option from the drop down menu. Then you will see a new window displaying options, so pick the Search automatically for updated driver software option on the window. If you wish to update other drivers on your PC then use the same method for other drivers too. Make sure that all drivers that show yellow caution mark are all updated via the same method as mentioned above.