“ARK: Survival Evolved” is a popular game that provides various features and missions to attract players. Everyone wants to play “ARK” to the end, if the player starts as it is very easy to play. But sometimes, while playing on Windows 10, players find crashing issues while getting it started.
In most cases, these crashing issues fixed by rebooting the device, but some of the users found it continuously crashing. There might be some bugs or technical issues inside your system.
We are going to provide some troubleshooting tips and tricks to troubleshoot this issue. Follow these instructions to know the troubleshooting steps:
Ensuring Proper System Requirements
- First of all, open “Run” dialog prompt by tapping “Windows” logo and “R” keys simultaneously from the keyboard.
- Then, you have to enter “dxdiag” followed by “OK.”
- Now, a new window will appear related to “DirectX Diagnostic Tool” that will show you detailed information related to your OS, memory, and system’s processor.
- Now, navigate to the “Display” tab and then read the graphics card related information.
- Then, make sure that the system is running with compatible requirements such as Processor, OS, memory, edition, graphics card, storage, and network.
- Note: In case your system is running with compatible requirements to run “ARK: Survival Evolved,” and you are still facing crashing issues, then follow the next procedures.
Rebooting your Device
System or any device might interact with minor bugs and glitches that prevent various games, apps, and programs from running smoothly and thus crash in the middle of the process. Then the best and effortless method to remove those bugs and viruses is to reboot your PC or device to ensure safe performance.
Performing “ARK” as an Admin Account
In some cases, running a program or any game in a normal user’s account results in crashing this software or program. Therefore, it is recommended to run this game and “Steam” under the admin account. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Make sure that the “Steam” is not running on your device. If it is, then stop Steam and if you wish to do it manually, then follow the given tips:
- Navigate to the “Taskbar” and then apply right click on the “Steam” logo.
- Now, tap on “Exit” to shut the application.
- After that, navigate to the “Desktop” and then right-click on the available “Steam” logo.
- Now, choose “Run” option as “Admin” from the available option.
- Then, tap on “Yes” to provide your consent.
- Next, try to open “ARK: Survival Evolved” through “Steam.”
- Finally, check that the game is running smoothly or not.
Authenticating the “ARK” File’s Integration
- Firstly, open “Steam” and navigate to the main menu. Then choose “Library” option there.
- Now, search for “ARK: Survival Evolved” by navigating the installed games list.
- Then, right tap on the game then hit the “Properties” section by navigating the context.
- When you get into the ARK’s “Properties” page, then tap the “Local Files” section.
- After that, tap on “Verify Integrity” related option.
- Once you have completed all the above instructions, then try to open “ARK” and make sure that it is running smoothly.
Upgrading the Driver of Your Graphics Card
Viruses or bugs may infect your graphics card, then it is advised to update your driver. It can be done in the following ways:
- Through Third-party application
- By navigating “Device Manager”
- Navigating manufacturer’s site and then install a compatible driver from there.
- Launching “Device Manager”
- Firstly, navigate to the “Taskbar” and apply right-click on the “Windows” symbol.
- Go to the menu bar and choose “Device Manager” option there. You can also expand “Device Manager” by using “Run” dialog prompt box and type “devmgmt.msc.”
- Now, open your content related to the category list of your “Display Adapters.”
- Then, apply right-click on the graphics card option and navigate to the “Context” menu. Then hit the option “Update Driver.”
- Now, choose the automatic search-related option located on the upcoming window.
- Then, wait for a while for your “Device Manager” to search for the recent available edition of the particular graphics card’s driver. It will automatically download the latest driver.
Note: In case you desire to use any of the third-party application, then it is advised to search for a genuine and compatible one. You can also download the card’s driver by navigating the device manufacturer’s site.
Configuring Game Settings Launch Setups Correctly
- Firstly, launch “Steam” and navigate to the primary menu and hit the option “Library.”
- Then, go to “ARK” and right-click on it.
- Now, tap on “Properties” option by navigating the “Context” menu.
- Go to the General tab and tap on “Set Launch” Options.
- If launch parameters available, then delete them.
- After that, enter “- USEALLAVAILABLECORES – sm4 – d3d10” in the provided space followed by the “Enter” key.
- Finally, try to launch “ARK: Survival Evolved” and then make sure that the issue is resolved.
Source :- http://norton-us.com/how-to-fix-ark-crashing-issues-on-windows-10/
Davis Johnson is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.